Michael Ray Goodson was born and raised in Orlando, Florida. He earned his Juris Doctorate with honors from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, and now focuses his practice on family law and criminal law at The Virga Law Firm, P.A. After graduating from law school, Michael served as an Assistant State Attorney in Panama City. In this capacity, he was able to work with victims of crime and their families.
Michael is a compassionate advocate who believes in taking the time to understand his clients, their backgrounds, and what made them seek legal help. Recognizing that most legal issues are multi-faceted and can be resolved in numerous ways, his goal is to help clients find a solution that meets their needs in a cost efficient and time efficient manner.
Michael describes his approach as: “I take the time to listen to my clients. Family law cases are never simple, and are rarely about just one legal issue. I try to listen to both what a person is saying as well as how they are saying it.”
Outside of his practice, Michael is also active in his community. Michael serves on the board of directors for the Downtown Panama City Kiwanis Club, and helps his wife, Erin, with fundraising and charitable endeavors for the Junior League of Panama City. In his free time, Michael enjoys kayaking, fishing, golfing, going to the beach, and spending time with his wife.
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude – University of Florida (2014)
- Master of Music in Instrumental Performance – University of Florida (2011)
- Bachelor of Music in Instrumental Performance, Cum Laude – University of Florida (2009)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Magna Cum Laude – University of Florida (2009)
Awards & Recognitions
Awards & Recognitions
- American Institute of Legal Advocates Rising Star - 2017
- Book Award in Interviewing, Counseling, and Negotiation – UF College of Law
- Book Award in Trial Practice – UF College of Law
- St. Andrews Bay Inns of Court
- Bay County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Criminal Law Section
- Florida Bar Family Law Section
- Florida Bar Family Law Section Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Florida Bar