Gerard Virga understands how complex and difficult it is to navigate through a family law matter. This is why he has dedicated his legal practice to helping individuals who need strong support during these difficult times. He helps clients find ways to bring matters to a smooth resolution. As your advocate, Gerard Virga will tirelessly protect your rights and ensure your best interests are steadfastly represented.
Dedication & Determination
With more than a decade of experience in the legal field, Attorney Virga has represented hundreds of clients, giving each specific case his personalized attention. While handling your case, you will not only get the respect and discretion you deserve, but Attorney Virga will call upon a vast network of experts whose testimonies and professional insights can be used to strengthen your case. It is Mr. Virga's main prerogative at all times to make this situation less stressful and overwhelming for you and your family.
Attorney Virga's History of Success
Gerard Virga was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama, and moved to Panama City at the age of 8. Attorney Virga attended college at the University of Florida, then pursued his law degree at Samford University, Cumberland School of Law. During his time at Cumberland, he was honored with a Scholar of Merit Award for scholastic excellence in a variety of subjects, including Federal Criminal Procedure II, Torts II, and Federal Civil Procedure. In addition, he was also a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association National Trial Team, the Associate Editor for the American Journal of Trial Advocacy, and the National Civil Trial Team and Trial Board.
Mr. Virga has served on U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions' staff in Washington D.C., where he advised Senator Session on legal matters. He also had the honor of representing the people of Florida as an Assistant Attorney General under General Charlie Crist. Mr. Virga then worked at a Tallahassee franchise litigation firm as an associate. After serving in the position for several years, Mr. Virga decided it was time to return home. Back in Panama City, he founded The Virga Law Firm, P.A., where he provides excellent legal service.
- University of Florida - B.A. History
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law - J.D. Degree
Awards & Recognitions
Awards & Recognitions
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2014, 2015)
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Criminal Trial Lawyers (2014, 2015)
- Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award - Florida Supreme Court (2007, 2008)
- Honors Attorney Position with Attorney General Charlie Crist (2004)
- American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Associate Editor (2003)
- American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Vulcan Materials Legal Writing Award (2002)
- Florida Bar
- Federal District Court, Northern District Court of Florida
- Florida, Family Law Section